Participation in these events will generally require both an internet connection and a telephone line. Registration for specific events may be required. Refer to the specific event description for more details. A list of upcoming topcis is below. Check this page often for detailed information about upcoming FREE webinars.
Applying for the Federal
Historic Tax Credit
Using the Guidelines on Sustainability to Green Your Rehabilitation
Storefront Design that Respects History without Sacrificing Practicality
Dates for the topics above will be posted when available.
Reviewing Replacement Windows
This event has been postponed.
ADVANCED LEVEL (Registration by invitation only.)
- This event will only be open to reviewers working for State Historic Preservation Offices.
Windows are a significant feature of most historic buildings, and there are few rehabilitation projects that do not involve windows. Applying the Standards to the treatment of windows in a project involves both a justification for replacement and an evaluation of the characteristics of the replacement windows.
In this 90-minute webinar we will review existing NPS policies for applying the Secretary’s Standards to window replacement and look in some detail at how to evaluate any proposed replacement windows. Specific topics will include:
- Understanding how the condition and location of the existing windows can affect the needed characteristics of the replacements.
- Comparing the various levels of replacement from sash-only to rough opening installations.
- Correlating drawing details with visual effects of the installed material.
- Comparing the possibilities and limitations of various materials.
- Identifying common deficiencies in matching historic windows and opportunities to correct those deficiencies.
John Sandor, Architectural Historian, National Park Service
Who Should Attend?
This event is designed to provide training for preservation professionals working with the historic tax credit program in State Historic Preservation Offices. It will not be open to public participants.
Registration will be by invitation only.