United States History Standards for Grades 5-12
| The Old Court House in St. Louis: Yesterday & Today
relates to the following National Standards for History:
Era 4: Expansion and Reform (1801-1861)
- Standard 1C- The student understands the ideology of Manifest Destiny, the nation's expansion to the Northwest, and the Mexican-American War.
- Standard 2A- The student understands how the factory system and the transportation and market revolutions shaped regional patterns of economic development.
- Standard 2B- The student understands the first era of American urbanization.
- Standard 2E- The student understands the settlement of the West.
- Standard 3B- The student understands how the debates over slavery influenced politics and sectionalism.
- Standard 4A- The student understands the abolitionist movement.
Era 5: Civil War and Reconstruction (1850-1877)
- Standard 1A- The student understands how the North and South differed and how politics and ideologies led to the Civil War.