for Columbus Park, 1918.
for Columbus Park, 1918 (Detail).
1. What forms the boundary around Columbus Park?
2. Jensen planned to plant trees around the border of the park rather than flowers. Why do you think this was so?
3. Jensen put the recreational features of the park, such as tennis courts, swimming pools, and playgrounds, around its edges, rather than in the middle. Why do you think he did that?
4. Can you determine where the Lagoon (river) is?
* The maps on this screen have a resolution of 72 dots per inch (dpi), and therefore will print poorly. You can obtain a high quality version of Map 2 and Map 2a, but be aware that each file may take as much as 35 seconds to load with a 28.8K modem.