United States History Standards for Grades 5-12
The Washington Monument: Tribute in Stone relates to the following National Standards for History:
Era 3: Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820s)
- Standard 1C- The student understands the factors affecting the course of the war and contributing to the American victory.
- Standard 2A- The student understands revolutionary government-making at national and state levels.
- Standard 3A- The student understands the issues involved in the creation and ratification of the United States Constitution and the new government it established.
Era 4: Expansion and Reform (1801-1861)
- Standard 2C-The student understands how antebellum immigration changed American society.
Era 6: The Development of the Industrial United States (1870-1900)
- Standard 2C- The student understands how new cultural movements at different social levels affected American life.