Questions for Photos 3 and 4
1. Why do you think the administration building for Floyd Bennett Field featured a globe in 1931? Why do you think the VRF-1 Squadron Insignia featured a globe in 1943?
2. How are the two emblems different? Why do you think the insignia has a close-up view of North America?
3. What does the stork traditionally represent? Why is it shown carrying an airplane rather than a baby?
4. Why do you think a ferry squadron would have used this emblem? Why do you think the stork is flying from East to West (rather than the reverse)?
* The photos on this screen have a resolution of 72 dots per inch (dpi), and therefore will print poorly. You can obtain a larger version of Photo 3 and Photo 4, but be aware that each file will take as much as 30 seconds to load with a 28.8K modem.