Questions for Photos 1 and 2
1. What features described in Reading 2 can you see in Photo 1?
2. Find the studio on Drawing 1 and match up the photo with the drawing. Which part of this building do you think is the workroom, based on Reading 2? Which do you think is the reception room? What evidence supports your conclusions?
3. How would you describe the house? What features of the house might indicate that it was a summer residence in a particularly scenic area?
4. In what ways does the house resemble the studio? How does it differ? Why do you think French and his wife wanted to make sure the architecture of the house and the studio was compatible?
* The photos on this screen have a resolution of 72 dots per inch (dpi), and therefore will print poorly. You can obtain a larger version of Photo 1 and Photo 2, but be aware that each file will take as much as 40 seconds to load with a 28.8K modem.