Pythian Home of Missouri, Greene County, Missouri
The Pythian Home is associated with the statewide charitable activities of the Knights of Pythias, a fraternal order which originated in 1864. It served as a home for the needy from 1913-1942, and during World War II was used as a service club for people stationed at nearby O'Reilly General Hospital. This massive stone structure was designed by the Kansas City firm Smith, Rea and Lovitt. Formerly sited in a pastoral setting, much of the surrounding land was developed during the war years. After the war, it was used as an Army Reserve Center for a number of years. In 1993 it was sold as surplus property.
Read the full file
See our Weekly List
Recent Weekly Highlights