FR Doc 05-244
[Federal Register: January 6, 2005 (Volume 70, Number 4)]
[Notices]               
[Page 1270-1274]
From the Federal Register Online via GPO Access [wais.access.gpo.gov]
[DOCID:fr06ja05-74]                         

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR

National Park Service

Notice of Inventory Completion: Texas Archeological Research 
Laboratory, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX

AGENCY: National Park Service, Interior.

ACTION: Notice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

    Notice is here given in accordance with the Native American Graves 
Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA), 25 U.S.C. 3003, of the 
completion of an inventory of human remains in the possession of the 
Texas Archeological Research Laboratory, The University of Texas at 
Austin, Austin, TX. The human remains were removed from 2 sites in 
Caddo and Sabine Parishes, LA, and 54 sites in 19 counties of 
northeastern Texas.
    This notice is published as part of the National Park Service's 
administrative responsibilities under NAGPRA, 25 U.S.C. 3003 (d)(3). 
The determinations in this notice are the sole responsibility of the 
museum, institution, or Federal agency that has control of the Native 
American human remains and associated funerary objects. The National 
Park Service is not responsible for the determinations in this notice.
    A detailed assessment of the human remains was made by Texas 
Archeological Research Laboratory professional staff in consultation 
with representatives of the Caddo Nation of Oklahoma.

Caddo Parish, LA

    In July 1960, human remains representing one individual were 
removed from the Belcher Mound site near Shreveport by amateur 
archeologist Ray Ring. Mr. Ring found the bone fragment between Mounds 
A and B after the mounds had been leveled by machinery following the 
well-known excavations by Clarence Webb from 1936 to 1954. No known 
individual was identified. No associated funerary objects are present.
    The Belcher site is a dual mound and habitation site that 
functioned as a ceremonial center and cemetery between circa A.D. 900-
1700. The human remains and associated funerary objects removed from 
the site by Mr. Webb were affiliated with the Caddo Indian Tribe of 
Oklahoma based on mortuary practices and ceramic styles. A notice of 
inventory completion was published in the Federal Register on December 
13, 2000.

Sabine Parish, LA

    In 1962, 1963, and 1965, human remains representing a minimum of 
six individuals were removed from the Salt Lick site (16SA37A) during 
excavations by the Texas Archeological Salvage Project at the 
University of Texas, prior to construction of the Toledo Bend 
Reservoir. No known individuals were identified. The 13 associated 
funerary objects are 12 pottery vessels and 1 ceramic pipe.
    The Salt Lick site was a Prehistoric period cemetery containing 10 
graves. The human remains found in four graves were poorly preserved 
and were not removed. Burials 1 through 6 were shallow, flexed, and in 
random orientation. Burials 7 through 10 were deep, extended, and 
similarly oriented. The consistency of the associated funerary objects 
among the 10 burials, however, suggests that they were contemporaneous.
    The location of the cemetery on land historically occupied by the 
Caddo Indians, mode of interment, and nature of the associated funerary 
objects indicate that the human remains and associated funerary objects 
are culturally affiliated with the Caddo Nation of Oklahoma.

Anderson County, TX

    In 1935, human remains representing one individual were removed 
from the Isibell-Gene Donnell site (41AN14) by the University of Texas 
after relic collectors had located the Prehistoric period cemetery and 
habitation area. No known individual was identified. The 11 associated 
funerary objects are 7 pottery vessels and 4 arrow points.
    In 1931, human remains representing one individual were removed 
from the Emma Owens Farm site (41AN21) by the University of Texas. A 
known Caddo habitation area was located nearby. No known individual was 
identified. The three associated funerary objects are one pottery 
vessel, one piece of hematite, and one metal knife.
    In 1935, human remains representing two individuals were removed 
from the Fred McKee Farm site (41AN32) by the University of Texas. The 
site contained three Prehistoric period graves, but the human remains 
from one were poorly preserved and were left in place. No known 
individuals were identified. The 22 associated funerary objects are 12 
pottery vessels and 10 projectile points.
    In 1931, human remains representing one individual were removed 
from the Pierce Freeman Farm site, (41AN34) by the University of Texas. 
The Prehistoric period cemetery contained four graves, but the human 
remains from three graves were poorly preserved and were left in place. 
No known individual was identified. The two associated funerary objects 
are pottery vessels.
    In 1930, human remains representing one individual were removed 
from the E.W. Ellis Farm site (41AN36) by the landowner and were later 
donated to the University of Texas. The grave was determined to be an 
isolated Prehistoric period burial. No known individual was identified. 
No associated funerary objects are present.
    In 1934 and 1935, human remains representing three individuals were 
removed from the O.L. Ellis Farm site (41AN54). Unknown relic 
collectors located the Prehistoric period cemetery and excavated two 
graves. The human remains from one grave were donated to the University 
of Texas. The University of Texas later excavated another two graves. 
No known individuals were identified. The 20 associated funerary 
objects are 17 pottery vessels, 13 of which were purchased from the 
original collectors, 1 scraper, 1 mano, and 1 projectile point.
    In 1929, human remains representing a minimum of one individual 
were removed from a Prehistoric period grave on the Lee Ellis Farm 
(41AN56) by the landowner. In 1931, the University of Texas purchased 
the human remains and associated funerary objects. No known individual 
was identified. The two associated funerary objects are one arrow point 
and one pottery vessel.

Bowie County, TX

    In 1932, human remains representing nine individuals were removed 
from the Eli Moore site (41BW2) by the University of Texas. Eight of 
the individuals were removed from one of two mounds at the Prehistoric 
period site; the other individual had been disturbed by plowing a short 
distance from the mounds. It has been determined after examination by 
numerous physical anthropologists that one additional interment was 
intrusive into the mound and that the human

[[Page 1271]]

remains are not those of a Native American. The site is believed to be 
part of an Upper Nasoni village visited frequently by European 
explorers in the late 1600s and 1700s. The Texas Archeological Research 
Laboratory is in possession of human remains representing six Native 
American individuals from the Eli Moore site. The location of the human 
remains of the other three Native American individuals is not known. No 
known individuals were identified. The 17 associated funerary objects 
are 6 pottery vessels, 4 arrow points, 4 shell beads, 1 turtle shell, 1 
baculum, and 1 bone needle.
    In 1939 and 1940, human remains representing a minimum of 14 
individuals were removed from the A.J. Hatchel site (41BW3) by the 
Works Progress Administration-University of Texas at Austin. The 
remaining 17 interments discovered during exploration were left in 
place. The site is believed to be part of the Upper Nasoni village 
mentioned above. No known individuals were identified. The 18 
associated funerary objects are 17 pottery vessels and 1 celt fragment.
    In 1932, human remains representing a minimum of four individuals 
were removed from the Mitchell site (41BW4) by the University of Texas 
at Austin, and in 1939 and 1940, the Works Progress Administration-
University of Texas removed additional human remains representing a 
minimum of 67 individuals from another area of the site. The Mitchell 
site is also considered to be a part of the Upper Nasoni village 
visited by several European explorers. No known individuals were 
identified. No associated funerary objects are present from the 1932 
excavation. The 174 associated funerary objects from the latter 
excavation are 111 pottery vessels, 52 beads, 3 ceramic pipes, 3 mussel 
shells, 2 turtle shells, 2 bone needles, and 1 shell gorget.
    In 1962, human remains representing two individuals, which had been 
removed on an unknown date from the Stovers Lake site (41BW8) by relic 
collectors, were donated to the University of Texas. No known 
individuals were identified. No associated funerary objects are 
present.

Camp County, TX

    At an unknown date, human remains representing one individual were 
removed from the G.W. Rumsey Farm site (41CP3) under unknown 
circumstances. The site is a large multi-component cemetery with a 
small habitation area nearby. No records exist to document the 
acquisition of the human remains. No known individual was identified. 
No associated funerary objects are present.

Cass County, TX

    Prior to 1962, human remains representing one individual were 
removed from the ``Berry'' site under unknown circumstances. The human 
remains were acquired by the University of Texas as part of the J.D. 
Scurlock Collection. Details of the acquisition are not documented, but 
it is thought that this site may be the same as the Berry Farm site 
(41BW57), a Prehistoric period Caddo cemetery located near the Bowie/
Cass County line. No known individuals were identified. No associated 
funerary objects are present.
    In 1932, human remains representing a minimum of 13 individuals 
were removed from a Prehistoric period cemetery at the Goode Hunt site 
(41CS23) by the University of Texas. Four sets of poorly preserved 
human remains were not removed. No known individuals were identified. 
The 77 associated funerary objects are 64 pottery vessels, 5 mussel 
shells, 4 pitted stones, 1 abraded stone, 1 pigment sample, 1 mano, and 
1 boatstone.
    In 1932, human remains representing a minimum of 26 individuals 
were removed from the Clements Brothers Farm site (41CS25 ) by the 
University of Texas. The site is a Late Prehistoric/Historic period 
cemetery that had been looted previously by relic collectors. Some of 
the human remains were poorly preserved and were not removed. Seven of 
the 26 sets of human remains are believed to have been recovered from a 
deposit adjacent to the cemetery, referred to as a midden area. No 
known individuals were identified. The 124 associated funerary objects 
are 33 pottery vessels, 72 beads, 4 pigment samples, 2 dart points, 2 
arrow points, 1 deer bone, 1 pebble, 1 pitted stone, 1 bone awl, 1 
shell pendant, 1 scraper, 1 mussel shell, 1 clay knob, 1 terrapin 
shell, 1 shell disc, and 1 ceramic pipe.
    In 1959, human remains representing one individual, which had been 
removed at an unknown date from the Sulphur River site (41CS27) by an 
avocational archeologist, were donated to the University of Texas. No 
known individual was identified. No associated funerary objects are 
present.

Cherokee County, TX

    In 1935, human remains representing four individuals were removed 
from the Solon Stanley Farm site (41CE3) by the University of Texas. 
The four Prehistoric period graves at the site had been previously 
disturbed by relic collectors. No known individuals were identified. 
The 20 associated funerary objects are pottery vessels.
    In 1935, human remains representing five individuals were removed 
from the J.W. Blackburn site (41CE4) by the University of Texas. The 
site is described as a Prehistoric period cemetery with a habitation 
area located nearby. No known individuals were identified. The 26 
associated funerary objects are pottery vessels.
    In 1935, human remains representing two individuals were removed 
from the E.W. Hackney site (41CE6) by the University of Texas. The 
burials have been dated to the Protohistoric or Historic period. No 
known individuals were identified. The 41 associated funerary objects 
are 29 shell beads, 8 pottery vessels, and 4 projectile points.
    In 1935, human remains representing a minimum of 13 individuals 
were removed from the Jim Allen site (41CE12) by the University of 
Texas. The site was determined to be a Protohistoric/Historic cemetery. 
Associated funerary objects found with one burial date to the European 
contact period. No known individuals were identified. The 46 associated 
funerary objects are 27 pottery vessels, 8 glass beads, 7 shell beads, 
3 arrow points, and 1 biface.
    In 1935, human remains representing two individuals were removed 
from the A.H. Reagor Farm site (41CE15) by the University of Texas. The 
Prehistoric period graves were located near a habitation area. No known 
individuals were identified. The seven associated funerary objects are 
three pottery vessels, two pot sherds, one mussel shell, and one 
biface.
    In 1935, human remains representing a minimum of eight individuals 
were removed from the E.W. Henry Farm site (41CE17) by the University 
of Texas. The site is described as a Prehistoric period cemetery with a 
large habitation area nearby. The human remains from three burials were 
poorly preserved and were left in place. No known individuals were 
identified. The 20 associated funerary objects are 19 pottery vessels 
and 1 ceramic pipe.
    In 1968, 1969, and 1970, human remains representing 14 individuals 
were removed from the George C. Davis site (41CE19) by the University 
of Texas, Texas Archeological Research Laboratory. The site, now the 
Caddoan Mounds State Park, consists of three earthen mounds, including 
one burial mound, one borrow pit, and an extensive village dating from 
Pre-Caddoan to Late Caddoan periods. The site was most heavily occupied 
during the Early Caddoan period. All burials found during the 
excavations date to the

[[Page 1272]]

very early Caddoan period (circa A.D. 800-1200). No known individuals 
were identified. The 560 associated funerary objects are 197 arrow 
points, 137 disc beads, 33 organic materials, 30 bivalves, 24 bone 
pins, 19 bifaces, 15 blue, gray, green, purple, and red pigment 
samples, 11 earspools, 10 lithic flakes, 9 flint flakes, 13 celts, 7 
pieces of bark cloth, 7 faunal bones and bone fragments, 7 conch 
shells, 5 pottery vessels, 4 copper and copper salt samples, 4 animal 
incisor fragments, 3 necklaces, 3 boatstones, 2 pearl beads, 2 bead 
headbands, 2 wooden objects, 2 stone pipes, 1 marine shell belt, 1 bone 
awl, 1 cane object, 1 piece of matting, 1 piece of red ochre, 1 
ornament, 1 pebble, 1 perforated disc, 1 sandstone, 1 shell, 1 sherd, 1 
piece of animal skin, 1 smoothed stone, and 1 turtle shell.
    In 1962, human remains representing one individual, which had been 
removed from the Forest Mound site (41CE290) by an avocational 
archeologist, were donated to the University of Texas. The burial was 
from a natural formation that resembled a mound. No known individual 
was identified. No associated funerary objects are present.

Delta County, TX

    In 1962 and 1963, human remains representing two individuals were 
removed from the L.O. Ray site (41DT21) by the Dallas Archeological 
Society. The human remains were acquired by the University of Texas in 
August 1969. The site is a Prehistoric period habitation area. No known 
individuals were identified. No associated funerary objects are 
present.

Franklin County, TX

    In 1930, human remains representing two individuals were removed 
from the R.L. Jaggers site (41FK3) by the University of Texas. Of the 
four Prehistoric period graves found at the site, one burial was a 
cremation deposit that was not removed; another burial contained poorly 
preserved human remains that were not removed. No known individuals 
were identified. The six associated funerary objects are four pottery 
vessels and two projectile points.
    In 1934, human remains representing two individuals were removed 
from the P.G. Hightower site (41FK7) by the University of Texas. The 
site is a Prehistoric period cemetery. No known individuals were 
identified. The three associated funerary objects are one arrow point, 
one pitted stone, and one sandstone.

Harrison County, TX

    In 1931, human remains representing one individual were removed 
from the H.R. Taylor site (41HS3) by the University of Texas. The 
Prehistoric period cemetery contained 64 graves, but the human remains 
from 63 graves were poorly preserved and were not removed. No known 
individual was identified. No associated funerary objects are present.
    In 1962, human remains representing six individuals were removed 
from the Susie Slade site (41HS13) by relic collectors and donated to 
the University of Texas. The associated funerary objects, however, were 
retained by the collectors. The same year, human remains from two other 
graves representing two individuals were excavated by the University of 
Texas. No known individuals were identified. The 38 associated funerary 
objects are 15 blue glass beads, 15 conch shell beads, 5 pottery 
vessels, 1 arrow point, 1 shell, and 1 pigment sample.
    In 1986, human remains representing a minimum of nine individuals 
were removed from site 41HS74 by Heartfield, Price & Greene, Inc., 
prior to lignite mining activities. The site is a Prehistoric period 
habitation area and cemetery. The human remains were transferred to the 
University of Texas in 2001. No known individuals were identified. The 
20 associated funerary objects are pottery vessels.

Hopkins County, TX

    In 1931, human remains representing one individual were removed 
from the Culpepper site (41HP1) by the University of Texas. The 
Prehistoric period cemetery and habitation area contained eight graves, 
but most of the human remains were disturbed and so poorly preserved 
that they were not removed. No known individual was identified. The six 
associated funerary objects are pottery vessels.
    In 1934, human remains representing one individual were removed 
from the Alford site (41HP5) by the University of Texas. The site had 
been disturbed earlier by local relic collectors. No known individual 
was identified. The two associated funerary objects are 1 shell gorget, 
which was purchased from the original collectors, and one arrow point.

Lamar County, TX

    In 1931, human remains representing a minimum of 10 individuals 
were removed from the H.E. Womack site (41LR1) by the University of 
Texas. The site is a Prehistoric and Historic period habitation area 
and cemetery. No known individuals were identified. The 44 associated 
funerary objects are 27 blue and white beads, 6 pieces of red ochre, 5 
pottery vessels, 2 pebbles, 1 scraper, 1 sandstone, 1 biface, and 1 
modified faunal bone.
    In 1931, human remains representing a minimum of 96 individuals 
were removed from the T.M. Sanders site (41LR2) by the landowner and 
the University of Texas. The human remains unearthed by the landowner 
were acquired by the University of Texas. The site is a habitation area 
between two Prehistoric period mounds. No known individuals were 
identified. The 6,604 associated funerary objects are 6,416 shell 
beads, 20 pearl beads, 2 columella beads, 55 pottery vessels, 30 seeds, 
14 arrow points, 12 shell gorgets, 12 shell discs, 9 shell pendants, 6 
stone and clay pipes, 5 biface, 5 bone awls, 4 bone hoes, 2 conch 
shells, 2 pearls, 1 bone needle, 1 celt, 1 collection of fish bones, 1 
flint scraper, 1 mussel shell, 1 piece of red ochre, 1 piece of yellow 
ochre, 1 sample of green pigment, 1 pottery disc, and 1 stone earplug.
    In 1934, human remains representing one individual were removed 
from a Prehistoric period grave on the Matt Reese Farm site (41LR3) by 
an avocational archeologist. The human remains were donated to the 
University of Texas the same year as part of the W.A. Rickard 
collection. No known individual was identified. No associated funerary 
objects are present.

Morris County, TX

    In 1930, human remains representing a minimum of three individuals 
were removed from the R.L. Cason site (41MX1) by the University of 
Texas. The site is a Prehistoric period cemetery containing four 
graves. The human remains of one individual were poorly preserved and 
were left in place. No known individuals were identified. The 27 
associated funerary objects are 19 pottery vessels, 7 arrow points, and 
1 stone celt.
    In 1931, human remains representing a minimum of one individual, 
which had been removed from the Prehistoric period Hooper Glover Farm 
site (41MX4) by relic collectors, were purchased by the University of 
Texas. No known individual was identified. No associated funerary 
objects are present.
    In 1930, human remains representing four individuals were removed 
from the Richard Watson Farm site (41MX6) by the University of Texas. 
The site is a Prehistoric period cemetery. No known individuals were 
identified. No associated funerary objects are present.

[[Page 1273]]

Nacogdoches County, TX

    In 1939, human remains representing a minimum of two individuals 
were removed from Prehistoric period site 41NA3 by the Texas Highway 
Department and transferred to the University of Texas the same year. No 
known individuals were identified. The one associated funerary object 
is a pottery vessel.
    In 1975, human remains representing a minimum of one individual 
were removed from the Deshazo site (41NA27) by the University of Texas. 
The cemetery has both prehistoric and historic components. The human 
remains from two graves were poorly preserved and were not removed. No 
known individuals were identified. The one associated funerary object 
is a pottery vessel.

Red River County, TX

    In 1930, human remains representing two individuals were removed 
from a Prehistoric period earthen mound at site 41RR3 by a relic 
collector. The human remains and some associated funerary objects were 
donated to the University of Texas in 1931. No known individuals were 
identified. The eight associated funerary objects are five pottery 
vessels, two conch shell beads, and one biface.
    In 1927 or before, human remains representing one individual were 
removed from the S.E. Watson site (41RR8), also known as he Chapman 
Plantation by the landowner after flooding had exposed the Prehistoric 
period grave. The human remains were donated to the University of Texas 
in 1927 and the associated funerary objects were purchased by the 
university from the landowner the same year. No known individual was 
identified. The 18 associated funerary objects are 14 pottery vessels, 
3 celts, and 1 dart point.
    In 1988, human remains representing a minimum of one individual 
were removed from the Sam Kaufman site (41RR16) by a relic collector 
and donated to the University of Texas. The age of the site is unknown. 
No known individual was identified. No associated funerary objects are 
present.

Sabine County, TX

    In 1939, human remains representing a minimum of three individuals 
were removed from the Beckham Place site (41SB35) by the University of 
Texas. Several years earlier, a relic collector had unearthed the 
prehistoric flexed burials and reburied the human remains as a group, 
keeping the associated funerary objects. No known individuals were 
identified. No associated funerary objects are present.

Shelby County, TX

    In 1931, human remains representing two individuals were discovered 
at site 41SY24 by county road crews. The prehistoric human remains and 
associated funerary objects were removed by Frank Bussey and donated to 
the University of Texas. No known individuals were identified. The 92 
associated funerary objects are 76 sherds, 7 pottery vessels, 7 
projectile points, 1 pipe stem fragment, and 1 clay ladle.

Smith County, TX

    In 1958, human remains representing two individuals were removed 
from the Prehistoric period Henry Chapman Farm site (41SM56) by an 
avocational archeologist. The human remains were donated to the 
University of Texas in 1959. No known individuals were identified. No 
associated funerary objects are present.

Titus County, TX

    In 1934, human remains representing a minimum of five individuals 
were removed from the William Farrar Farm site (41TT1) by the 
University of Texas. The site includes a Prehistoric period cemetery 
and habitation area. Two burials were found in a flexed position. No 
known individuals were identified. The three associated funerary 
objects are pottery vessels.
    In 1934, human remains representing five individuals were removed 
from three Prehistoric period graves at site 41TT2 by the University of 
Texas, after the burials were discovered by the landowner. The human 
remains from nine graves were poorly preserved and were not removed. No 
known individuals were identified. The four associated funerary objects 
are two pottery vessels, one celt, and one quartzite core.
    In 1959, human remains representing two individuals, which had been 
removed from the Alex Justice site (41TT13) by two avocational 
archeologists, were donated to the University of Texas. Records 
indicate that the collectors excavated 24 burials from the Late 
Prehistoric period cemetery. No known individuals were identified. No 
associated funerary objects are present.
    In 1934, human remains representing a minimum of one individual, 
which had been removed from the Prehistoric period C.T. Coley Farm site 
(41TT17) by the landowner, were acquired by the University of Texas. No 
known individual was identified. No associated funerary objects are 
present.

Van Zandt County, TX

    In 1940, human remains representing two individuals were removed 
from site 41VN6 by the University of Texas in cooperation with the 
Works Progress Administration. A Prehistoric period cemetery, 
habitation area, and earthen mound were excavated at the site. Eight 
graves were located, but most of the human remains were poorly 
preserved and not removed. No known individuals were identified. No 
associated funerary objects are present.

Wood County, TX

    In 1934, human remains representing one individual were removed 
from the A.C. Gibson site (41WD1) by the University of Texas. Three 
Prehistoric period graves were excavated, but the human remains in two 
of the graves were poorly preserved and not removed. No known 
individual was identified. The three associated funerary objects are 
two mussel shells and one dart point.
    In 1930, human remains representing one individual were removed 
from the J.H. Reese Farm site (41WD2) by the University of Texas. The 
human remains from two other burials were poorly preserved and not 
removed. The three Prehistoric period burials had been unearthed and 
reburied previously by the landowner. No known individual was 
identified. No associated funerary objects are present. Funerary 
objects were purchased by the university from the landowner, but they 
cannot be specifically associated with the recovered human remains.
    In 1931, human remains representing two individuals were removed 
from the Prehistoric period H.D. Spigner Farm site (41WD4) by the 
University of Texas. No known individuals were identified. No 
associated funerary objects are present. The landowner retained 
possession of the human remains and funerary objects from three other 
graves that had been unearthed previously.
    Historical evidence and oral history indicate that a large area of 
northeast Texas, including the counties encompassing the 56 sites 
described above, is part of the traditional territory of the Caddo 
people. Archeological, historical, and oral history evidence indicates 
that settlements within this region exhibit a cultural continuity 
dating from circa A.D. 1000 and continuing into the Historic period. 
Cultural affiliation with the Caddo Nation of Oklahoma is also based on 
the nature of the sites from which the human remains were obtained, the 
mode of interment, the kinds of associated funerary objects, including 
whole pottery vessels, and the cranial

[[Page 1274]]

deformation exhibited in some of the human remains.
    Officials of the Texas Archeological Research Laboratory have 
determined that, pursuant to 25 U.S.C. 3001 (9-10), the human remains 
described above represent the physical remains of a minimum of 308 
individuals of Native American ancestry. Officials of the Texas 
Archeological Research Laboratory also have determined that, pursuant 
to 25 U.S.C. 3001 (3)(A), the 8,083 objects described above are 
reasonably believed to have been placed with or near individual human 
remains at the time of death or later as part of the death rite or 
ceremony. Lastly, officials of the Texas Archeological Research 
Laboratory have determined that, pursuant to 25 U.S.C. 3001 (2), there 
is a relationship of shared group identity that can be reasonably 
traced between the Native American human remains and the Caddo Nation 
of Oklahoma.
    Representatives of any other Indian tribe that believes itself to 
be culturally affiliated with the human remains and associated funerary 
objects should contact Dr. Darrell Creel, Director, Texas Archeological 
Research Laboratory, 1 University Station, R7500, The University of 
Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712-0714, telephone (512) 471-5960, 
before February 7, 2005. Repatriation of the human remains to the Caddo 
Nation of Oklahoma may proceed after that date if no additional 
claimants come forward.
    The Texas Archeological Research Laboratory is responsible for 
notifying the Caddo Nation of Oklahoma that this notice has been 
published.

    Dated: December 13, 2004
Sherry Hutt,
Manager, National NAGPRA Program.
[FR Doc. 05-244 Filed 1-5-05; 8:45 am]

BILLING CODE 4312-50-S
Back to the top

Back to National NAGPRA