Drawing 2: Plan of Gran Quivira.
Questions for Photo 3 and Drawing 2
1. Carefully study the two images above, and note that each depicts Gran Quivira from a different perspective. Use Drawing 2 to help you identify the features shown in the photo.
2. How do the mission churches compare in size and plan to the Indian buildings?
3. What do the circular features on the photo and the drawing represent?
4. When Gran Quivira first became part of the Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument, the ruins of the mission churches received the most attention. Much of the interest has since shifted to the structures built by the Pueblo Indians. Why might this have happened?
* The images on this screen have a resolution of 72 dots per inch (dpi), and therefore will print poorly. You can obtain a high quality version of Photo 3 and Drawing 2, but be aware that each file will take as much as 35 seconds to load with a 28.8K modem.