United States History Standards for Grades 5-12
| Mammoth Cave:
Its Explorers, Miners, Archeologists, and Visitors
relates to the following National Standards for History:
Era 4: Expansion and Reform (1801 to 1861)
- Standard 1A- The student understands the international background and consequences of the Louisiana Purchase, the War of 1812, and the Monroe Doctrine.
- Standard 2D- The student understands the rapid growth of "the peculiar institution" after 1800 and the varied experiences of African Americans under slavery.
- Standard 3B- The student understands how a modern capitalist economy emerged in the 1920s.
- Standard 4B- The student understands how Americans strived to reform society and create a distinct culture.
Era 7: The Emergence of Modern America (1890 to 1930)
- Standard 3C- The student understands how new cultural movements reflected and changed American society.