How to Use the Images
Photos 2 & 3
Visual Evidence 1
Transcript: Origin of the League of Nations.
(Note: Above text centered around photograph of Woodrow Wilson in the original document.)
- January 8th, 1918. Fourteen Points laid down by President Wilson as the basis of world peace. (*)
- January 25th, 1919. League accepted in principle.
- April 28, 1919. Covenant adopted.
- January 10th, 1920. League came into being; Secretariat established in London.
- January 16th, 1920. First meeting of Council at Paris.
- November 1st, 1920. League Headquarters moved from London to Geneva.
- November 15th, 1920. First Meeting of Assembly at Geneva.
(*) THE FOURTEENTH POINT: "A General Association of Nations must be formed under specific covenants for the purpose of affording mutual guarantees of political independence and territorial integrity to great and small States alike."
The League of Nations: A Pictorial Summary, Geneva: League of Nations, c. 1920. (Courtesy of the Woodrow Wilson House)