United States History Standards for Grades 5-12
The Mary McLeod Bethune Council House: African American Women Unite for Change
relates to the following National History Standards:
Era 7: The Emergence of Modern America (1890-1930)
- Standard 3A: The student understands social tensions and their consequences in the postwar era.
Era 8: The Great Depression and World War II (1929-1945)
- Standard 1B: The student understands how American life changed during the 1930s.
- Standard 2A: The student understands the New Deal and the presidency of Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- Standard 3C: The student understands the effects of World War II at home.
Era 9: Postwar United States (1945-early 1970s)
- Standard 4A: The student understands the "Second Reconstruction" and its advancement of civil rights.
- Standard 4B: The student understands the women's movement for civil rights and equal opportunities.