United States History Standards for Grades 5-12
The United States Air Force Academy: Founding a Proud Tradition
relates to the following National Standards for History:
Era 7: The Emergence of Modern America (1890-1930)
- Standard 2B- The student understands the causes of World War I and why the U.S. intervened.
Era 8: The Great Depression and World War II (1929-1945)
- Standard 3B- The student understands World War II and how the Allies prevailed.
- Standard 3C- The student understands the effects of World War II at home.
Era 9: Postwar United States (1945 to early 1970s)
- Standard 1A- The student understands the extent and impact of economic changes in the postwar period.
- Standard 1C- The student understands how postwar science augmented the nation's economic strength, transformed daily life, and influenced the world economy.
- Standard 2A- The student understands the international origins and domestic consequences of the Cold War.