Conserve O Grams
What are Conserve O Grams?
They are short, focused leaflets about caring for museum objects, published in loose-leaf format.New topics are added as needed and out-of-date issues are revised or deleted. Semiannual supplements will be issued for an indeterminate period.
Click here to view the current selection of Conserve O Grams.
Who will benefit by reading Conserve O Grams?
- Both experienced and inexperienced museum staff responsible for the care and use of museum collections.
- Interested individuals who have collections of fine arts, furniture, ceramics and glass, leather work, books and papers.
How can the Conserve O Gram series help you take care of your collection?
- You will learn specific procedures, techniques and materials to care for your objects.
- You will receive resource lists including basic suppliers and bibliographies.
- You will keep up-to-date on museum and archival techniques and practices.
Introduction to the Series
PDF Versions: To view the Conserve O Grams, use the latest version of
Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download the free Acrobat Reader here.
1.Museum Collection Preservation
2. Security, Fire, and Curatorial Safety
3. Agents of Deterioration
4. Museum Collections Storage
5. Ethnographic Objects
6. Archeological Objects
7. Furniture and Wooden Objects
8.Ceramic, Glass, Plaster, and Plastic Objects
9. Leather and Skin Objects
10. Metal Objects
11. Natural History Specimens
13. Paper Objects
15. Stone Objects
16. Textile Objects
17. Packing and Shipping Museum Objects
18. Museum Exhibits
19.Archival and Manuscript Collections and Rare Books
20. Facility Specifications for Museum and Archive Collections
21. Disaster Response and Recovery
22.Creation, Care, and Storage of Digital Materials