Made by A. Remble and A. Kimble
Victorian Renaissance carved oak with the "Sulgrave coat-of-arms of the Washington family. This chair was made for the House of Representative in 1857. In 1873, Douglass purchased it at Fisher & Son Furniture, New York Avenue, Washington, DC for $20.00.
Leather, wood, metal. H 98, D 56, W 50 cm
Frederick Douglass National Historic Site, FRDO 17