Certainly Hurricane Katrina provided a valuable learning environment leading to the development of new methods and tools for responding more efficiently to cultural resource disasters of all kinds. Every year the US is faced with many types of disasters that may have an adverse affect on cultural resources, ranging from hurricanes to floods to earthquakes to oil spills, among others. Tools provided here represent an adaptation of the Katrina cultural resource disaster response methodology for oil spills.
- Oil Spill Response Cultural Resource Survey Methodology Outline
- Oil Spill Response Cultural Resource Survey Workflow
- Oil Spill Cultural Resource Survey Data Dictionary Files for intial resource identification
- Oil Spill Cultural Resource Survey Data Dictionary Files for a more detailed resource survey
- GeoDatabase template (zip 5.6MB), meeting NPS Cultural Resource Spatial Data Transfer Standards, to organize and centralize GPS and GIS data created during an oil spill disaster cultural resource response