Photo 3: Visitors pose with their guide, c. 1900.
Questions for Photos 3 & 4
1. Examine Photo 3. These cave visitors are wearing "cave costumes." Why do you think early visitors to the cave wore "costumes" during their tour?
2. What type of lights has the guide in Photo 3 spread on the ground?
3. Examine Photo 4 of the modern day visitors. How might visiting the cave today differ from visiting it in the 19th and early 20th centuries?
4. Would visitors today still need cave costumes? Why or why not?
* The photos on this screen have a resolution of 72 dots per inch (dpi), and therefore will print poorly. You can obtain a high quality version of Photo 3 and Photo 4, but be aware that each file will take as much as 30 seconds to load with a 28.8K modem.