Questions for Photo 1 & Drawing 1
1. Locate the different structures on Map 3. Which buildings do you think were most important to the operation of the mission? Why?
2. Do you think that Mission San José was designed to be self-sufficient? Why or why not?
3. Try to match some of the structures keyed on Map 3 to the photo.
4. What do the remaining buildings tell us about the technology of the people who lived there? How do the buildings indicate the region's climate?
* The image on the screen has a resolution of 72 dots per inch (dpi), and therefore will print poorly. You can obtain a high resolution version of Drawing 1 and Photo 1 but be aware that it will take about 30 seconds to load with a 28.8K modem.