|The Gautier Beachfront Historic District contains a residential enclave of historic homes along Pascagoula Bay, most built by descendants of Gautier settlers. The houses, built between 1896 and 1907, are generally vernacular in style built of high quality materials and generally well maintained. The houses share certain characteristics including siting on large lots with mature shade trees and orientation toward the water. The period of significance is 1896, the date of construction of the oldest house, to 1968, when the historic L&N Depot was moved to its current location in the district, marking an end to the historic development of the district. The Gautier Beachfront Historic District is eligible for listing on the National Register of Historic Places under Criterion A for association with Community Planning and Development and Criterion C for association with Architecture.